C&K Scrap accepts and offers immediate payment for nearly all ferrous and non-ferrous metal items and materials, including:
- Stainless steel
We take scrap materials large and small from metal cuttings and shavings to large metal bins and containers. If you have it, we’ll take it. However, there are some materials that we cannot accept.
- Free-Flowing Liquids: Gasoline, oil, paint, antifreeze, lubricants and water.
- Non-metallic Materials: Garbage, wood, concrete, plastic, glass, cardboard, paper, rags and dirt.
- Electronics: We are unable to accept televisions or other electronic items.
- Radioactive Materials: Military and medical scrap, smoke detectors.
- Scrap Containing Residue from Hazardous Materials / Wastes: PCBs, Asbestos, Freon/CFCs, Mercury, Cadmium or lead painted materials.
- Explosives: Fireworks, firearms and ammunition.
- Poisons, Infectious Materials or Chemicals in Solid, Powder, Liquid or Gaseous Form: Medical scrap and fertilizers.
- Flammable Materials: Gasoline and kerosene.
- Stolen Materials: Never acceptable!
- Corrosive Materials: Exception: Batteries that are separated from other scrap.
- Pressurized or Closed Containers: Acetylene Tanks are never allowed! — Closed and uncut propane tanks, compressed gas cylinders, aerosol cans, fire extinguishers and tanks. See Cylinder Safety Memo.
- Sealed Drums: Empty drums may be accepted ONLY if they have no residue, no odors and no hazardous materials markings AND are open-topped, cut in half, or crushed.
Questions about what is or is not accepted at C&K Scrap Metal? Contact us at 973-589-5445 for more information. You can also use the form on our website to send us a photo of your material!